Zodiac Media is a web development agency based in Stockwell, South London. We exist to help our clients design, build and maintain their online offerings. As a company we're currently weighted more towards web development than design, but we’re looking to balance that out by hiring a talented and ambitious Graphic Designer to join our team.
About the Role
You’ll be working alongside our existing team of web developers with the aim of broadening our offering to clients so we are more of a ‘full service’ agency. You will be expected to use your initiative and take responsibility for:
- Designing mock-ups of eye-catching websites.
- Coming up with design ideas about how clients could change the look and feel of their websites, and broader visual identity, in order to help their businesses grow.
- Working with both internal staff and our clients to realise design briefs.
Our clients are very varied, ranging from small start-up companies to international brands. As a result, the nature of the design work is likely to also be varied.
Currently we don't have enough design work to justify a full-time position, so this role is better suited to someone who either wants to work on a freelance basis.
Why work for us?
We feel we’re a great company to work for, but obviously we would say that, so here are a few reasons why you should choose to work with us:
- You’re not a cog in a machine!
- Varied and interesting work that means you’re constantly learning.
- We have a relaxed and fun office vibe.
- An easy commute.
- Good work life balance.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary is obviously heavily dependent on experience but we’re open to all ranges.
- 24 days of paid annual leave.
- Fortnightly company funded team building lunches.
- Free breakfast and fruit.
- A barista style coffee machine.
- Permanent 'dress down' policy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least a year’s experience in graphic design, even if it’s not at the commercial level.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A good appreciation of website usability best practices.
- The ability to work with wireframing and prototyping tools.
More important than any of the above is that you are intelligent, passionate about design, and are always looking to learn and improve your skills.
You must also have the indefinite right to live and work in the UK and be able to work onsite at our office in Stockwell when required.
How to apply:
To apply please submit an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include either your portfolio or a link to where it can be found online.