We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented Full Stack PHP Web Developer to join our friendly team.
About the role:
Zodiac Media is a web development agency based in Stockwell, South London. We exist to help our clients design, build and maintain their online offerings. As a company we're weighted more towards web development than design, with PHP being our primary back-end programming language. All our developers are 'full stack', so are as equally adept at front-end development as back-end development and server management. This helps keep our work 'joined up' and so improves the quality of the sites we build. You would be joining our existing development team and play a key role in the growth of the company.
As PHP experts we use Drupal for complex CMS work, WordPress for simple CMS work, Magento for e-commerce sites and PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel for bespoke applications. We also like to keep our skills up to date so we’re not averse to learning and trying out the latest in vogue technologies if our projects justify them. For example, we've previously created a React Native hybrid web app for one of our clients.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to multinationals. Major projects we're currently working on include:
- A Drupal 8 site build for Wrexham Council.
- A Drupal 7 site redesign for the British Board of Film Classification.
- An internal sales prospecting product that integrates a Machine Learning classifier written in Python with a Laravel application.
- A new US site for stretch tent specialist Intent Productions, built using a WordPress multi-site conversion
Skills & Requirements:
As a foundation you should have a good knowledge of:
- Object Oriented PHP.
- HTML & CSS (with knowledge of responsive techniques).
- Code repositories such as Git
Our tech stack:
To provide more insight into the role, we thought it would be worth including a list of key the technologies/platforms/languages that we've been using in our projects over the last few months. You don't have to have experience of all of the list below, but obviously anything you do have knowledge of would be an advantage.
- Apache Solr
- Gitlab & Gitlab CI
Why work for us?
We feel we’re a great company to work for, but obviously we would say that, so here are a few reasons why you should choose to work with us:
- You’re not a cog in a machine!
- Varied and interesting work that means you’re constantly learning.
- We have a relaxed and fun office vibe.
- An easy commute.
- Good work life balance.
Salary and benefits:
- We're looking to recruit at several skill levels so are willing to pay a salary in the range of £22-£60k per annum depending on your experience.
- 24 days of paid annual leave.
- Fortnightly company funded team building lunches.
- Free breakfast and fruit.
- A barista style coffee machine.
- Permanent 'dress down' policy.
You’ll have been doing web development for at least a year, either commercially or on your own hobby projects. Good knowledge of both front and back-end development is a must.
You are intelligent, passionate about website development, and are always looking to learn and improve your skills.
You must also have the indefinite right to live and work in the UK and be able to work onsite at our office during normal working hours of 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
If you tick off all of the above then we’d be really excited to work with you.
How to apply:
To apply please submit an up to date CV to email@example.com. If you have examples of your work please send these across (e.g. GitHub links or links to example sites you've worked on).